We’ll be using WordPress blogs (just like this one) to display our digital storytelling finery. For class on Thursday 2/16, please set up your blog and post your audio story on it. There are a lot of steps, but the process is not that complicated.
1. Sign up for a WordPress blog here. Please give your blog a good name. Generic names (lphillips123blog, for example) look, well, generic. I also recommend that you pick the same theme that I’m using, called Twenty Eleven. It has a level of flexibility that works well for this class.
2. Create your first post introducing your audio story. Think of the intro as a few lines of copy that will nab passers-by browsing through cyberspace and get them intrigued enough to listen to your story. Be brief and specific and inviting without being overtly promotional (as in, “Listen to my awesome story!”). Keep the “Add New Post” screen up in your browser and don’t press “publish” yet.
3. In a new tab or browser window, sign up for soundcloud account.
4. If you haven’t done so already, give the .wav file of your audio story a non-generic name. Upload the .wav file of your audio story to your soundcloud account.
5. Use the “share” button to get the shortcode and copy it. Then go back to your WordPress post and paste the shortcode below your intro. Click publish.
6. Go to your blog and look at what you’ve done. The post should look something like this (an intro with a soundfile beneath it). Take a listen to make sure everything works properly.
5. Go back to